The County of Northern Lights residents have numerous outdoor facilities to use for recreational activities with family and friends. The County agreements with Grimshaw, Manning, and Peace River ensure recreational facilities within those municipal locations are available to residents of the County.
For additional information on any facilities within those respective communities:
- Grimshaw: Telephone: 780.332.4626 or www.grimshaw.ca
- Town of Manning : Telephone: 780.836.3606 or www.manning.ca
- Town of Peace River: Telephone: 780.625.3204 or www.peaceriver.ca
- Dixonville: Ball diamonds are located on RR 240 off Highway # 35.
- Grimshaw: Four ball diamonds located in the south, in close proximity to the Grimshaw Outdoor Pool.
- Hotchkiss: Ball diamonds are located on RR 231 off Highway #35 – TWP 931A.
- Town of Manning: The original diamonds are located at the Ag grounds ( Highway 691 off Highway #35) on the east side of town and another set of 4 diamonds is located in the north west section( 6 St. NW off 7 Ave NW).
- Grimshaw: There are two outdoor rinks in winter: one on a sand base and the other on a concrete pad.
- The Town of Manning: There are two outdoor skating rinks in the winter season. The north rink is built on a paved surface and serves as a summer inline skating facility, the south rink is located next to the Manning arena.
Skate Boarding / Inline Skating / Biking
- Grimshaw: The town operates a skateboard / BMX track on asphalt surface with customized jumps and suitable for rollerblading.
- Manning: The north winter rink is available for inline skating in the summer months. Three Battles Skate Park is located on 6th Ave NW.
Outdoor Pool / Splash Parks
- Grimshaw: Uncovered outdoor pool located at 4609 50 Street. For more details: 780.332.4626
- Manning: Shaded outdoor pool located at 201 4th Ave SW. For more details: 780.836.3218
- Peace River: Water Play Park Playground and Spray area located at 101 Street. For details: 780.624.1000