Appeal Your Assessment

If you feel there is an error on your assessment notice, please contact our assessor, KCL Consulting, before submitting a written complaint. The assessor can discuss your assessment with you and determine whether an error has been made. If so, your assessment will be updated accordingly.

If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you may file a complaint. Here are the steps to follow if you wish to file a complaint about your assessment:

  • File a formal complaint with the Assessment Review Board prior to the final complaint date specified in your assessment notice.
  • To file your complaint, you will need to submit a written explanation of why you believe your assessment is incorrect, along with the appropriate filing fee, to the County. Your assessment notice will contain all the required information and a fee schedule.
  • If you decide to submit a formal complaint, please complete the Assessment Review Board Complaint Form. Keep in mind that even if you are appealing your assessment notice, you must pay your taxes in full by the due date to avoid any penalties.