Fire and Fireworks Permits

Fire Permits Required for the Forest Protection Area

Permits for fires are required for areas of the County that are inside the Peace River Forest Protection Area (FPA). To determine if your location is inside the Peace River FPA, please contact Alberta Agriculture and Forestry at 780-624-6190.

For permits inside the Peace River FPA, please contact Alberta Agriculture and Forestry at 780-624-6190 or visit the Government of Alberta website to request a permit online.

Fires Outside Forest Protection Area

Areas of the County that are outside of the Peace River FPA do not require a permit, however, you are asked to contact your local fire chief to advise them of any burning you are conducting.

  • North of Township Road 880, please contact Manning and District Fire Chief at 780-836-5643

  • South of Township Road 880, please contact the Peace River Fire Chief at 780-624-2993

Fire Bans and Advisories

It's crucial for residents to stay informed about fire bans and advisories in effect in their area, especially in regions prone to wildfires like Alberta.

Being aware of these restrictions helps prevent accidental fires and ensures the safety of communities and natural habitats. The website serves as a reliable resource for accessing up-to-date information on fire bans and advisories.

By regularly checking this site or downloading the app, residents can stay informed about current fire conditions and take necessary precautions to mitigate the risk of wildfires. It's everyone's responsibility to remain vigilant and adhere to fire bans and advisories to protect lives, property, and the environment.

Fireworks Permits

Fireworks permits are required for the selling, purchasing, and firework displays (firework shows) in all areas of the County of Northern Lights.

Individuals wishing to conduct a fireworks display in the County must be at least 18 years of age and complete a Fireworks Display permit.

Completed applications can be submitted between 8:30 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00-4:00 pm via fax to 780-624-0643.