Recreation Boards

Under the Recreation and Culture Funding policy, the County of Northern Lights provides funds directly to two (2) Recreation Boards to disburse funds to groups operating within the County and the support communities of Grimshaw, Manning, and Peace River. Recreation Boards distribute funds using an application process. 

Community groups may apply for expenses up to $10,00.00. Eligible expenses would include program and event funding and related advertising and capital assistance.

Eligible applicants include Registered Non-Profit Organizations and Societies operating within the County of Northern Lights or one of the Support Communities, as outlined in the Recreation District map.


County of Northern Lights South Recreation Board (Wards 1, 2, 3, Towns of Peace River and Grimshaw)

Submit completed 'Request for Funds Made to Recreation Boards' application forms to:

South Recreation Board 

Box 147

Dixonville, AB 

T0H 1E0


Tel: 780-618-6451


Northern Lights Recreation Board (Wards 4, 5, 6, 7, Town of Manning)

Submit completed 'Request for Funds Made to Recreation Boards' application forms to:

North Recreation Board

Box 873
Manning, AB T0H 2M0
Tel: 780.836.6496



Groups interested in requesting funds from a Recreation Board:

  1. Review the application and submission guidelines to ensure eligibility
  2. Fill out the Requests for Funds Made to Recreation Board application form and include any additional documents (quotes, budget, etc.) to support your funding request.
  3. Submit to the Recreation Board serving your district at the address or email above. (See the Recreation District Map to determine which Recreation Board you submit your application to)


If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Trinidy Schmidt, Community Services Coordinator, at 780-836-3348 ext.238 or email