Recreation Board Funding

Did you know that organizations in the County and support communities in Peace River, Manning, and Grimshaw may be eligible for funding through the County of Northern Lights Recreation Boards? 

Eligible expenses would include program and event funding, advertisement, and Capital assistance up to $10,000. 

Interested in applying? Click here for the Recreation Board Funding Request Form.


County of Northern Lights South Recreation Board 

(Serving Wards 1, 2, 3, Town of Peace River and Grimshaw)

Submit applications via mail or email:

308 10102 68 St

Peace River, AB T8S 0B2
Tel: 587.479.7341



Northern Lights Recreation Board 

(Serving Wards 4, 5, 6, 7, and Town of Manning)

Submit applications via mail or email:

Box 873
Manning, AB T0H 2M0
Tel: 780.836.6496



A few things to keep in mind before applying:

  • Funding requests sent to Recreation Boards are limited to $10,000 max. Requests over $10,000 must be directed to the County of Northern Lights Council.
  • To avoid a delay in a decision on your application, your application must first go directly to the appropriate Recreation Board serving the location of your organization/event. If the Recreation Board denies your request, you may then apply directly to the County of Northern Lights Council.
  • Be cognizant of the date of your event or when your funds are needed and plan to apply at least 3-4 weeks before the funds are needed. Contact the Recreation Board directly for application deadlines/upcoming meetings.

For complete eligibility requirements, guidelines, and application process, please view the Recreation and Culture Funding Policy here.

Did You Know