Ski, Snowboarding and Snow Shoeing
- Manning Ski Hill located east of the town of Manning. The hill provides challenges for skiers and downhill snowboarders of all levels.
- Misery Mountain located on the west hill of Peace River at 10408 - 89 Street. Runs for all levels and lessons available. Snowshoe trails and rentals also available. Telephone: 780.624.4881
Peace Valley Snowriders formed in 2009 and is a member of the Alberta Snowmobile Association. They have been awarded Snowmobile Club of the Year for the Mighty Peace Region by the Alberta Snowmobile Association in 2010, 2013 and 2014.
Peace Valley Snow Riders currently have 3 trails in the region; Wesley Creek, Leddy Lake and Smith Mills. Leddy Lake trail and part of Smith Mills trail are located in the County of Northern Lights. There are currently 5 more trails being developed
- Leddy Lake Trail runs 40 km north from the Leddy Lake Recreation Area where the staging area is located, north to Driftwood Lake in the Deadwood area. The trail has a warm-up shelter. Leddy Lake Trail Map
- Smith Mills Trail runs 60 kilometres from the Figure Eight Lake area north of Grimshaw to the Stoney Lake area near Hines Creek. Staging areas are located at both ends of the trail. Smith Mills Trail Map
- Wesley Creek Trail runs 30 km in a loop to the east and north of St. Isadore. The staging area can be accessed from Township Road 842. A rest area providing a picnic table and fire pit makes this trail ideal for a winter picnic. Wesley Creek Trail Map
Memberships/Trail Passes are $70.00 if purchased before December 31st and $90.00 if purchased after January 1st. Passes are available for purchase in Peace River at; at Mighty Peace Powersports, Maximum Powersports and Thomas Homes RV, or online at http://altasnowmobile.ab.ca/membership/ Note: If purchasing online, please be sure to state that the Peace Valley Snow Riders is your Home Club.
More winter activities in the region can be found on the Explore County of Northern Lights Website!