Recall the colorful and vibrate past of the North Peace Country at any one of the following museums located throughout the County of Northern Lights.
Dixonville Museum is located in an authentic early 20th century trading post within the Hamlet of Dixonville. For more information call: 780.971.3750 or 780.971.3965
Manning Battle River Pioneer Museum is located 1 km off the McKenzie Highway #35 on secondary Highway #691. The Museum includes a large main building, log cabin, Anglican Church, machine sheds, blacksmith shop, and windmill. For more information call: 780.836.3114 or 780.836.2180.
Manning Old Hospital Museum is located on Main Street in Manning, surrounded by a park setting. Much of the hospital, including the operating room and the men’s ward, has been restored and furnished as it appeared in 1947. Today the hospital also houses an arts and crafts gallery, featuring the work of local artists, and is the Tourist Information Centre. For more information call: 780.836.3606.
Lac Cardinal Regional Pioneer Village Museum is located 1 mile north and 2 miles west of Grimshaw. Lac Cardinal Regional Pioneer Village Museum is located 1 mile north and 2 miles west of Grimshaw. The museum is located on 20 aces of land and houses several original buildings filled with authentic artifacts. Historic structures include the St. Elizabeth Catholic Church, and an original train station that also serves as a gift ship. For more information call: 780.332.2197.
Peace River Museum, Archives and Mackenzie Centre is located at 10302-99 Street, Peace River.
The Peace River Museum, Archives and Mackenzie Centre features galleries, a regional archives and the NAR Railway Station to entice visitors to learn about the natural and human history of Peace River - from the geological creation of the valley, to the rich Indigenous heritage, the unique fur trade history and the settlement of the Town.
Local works of art are featured monthly on the Art Wall and for sale in the Museum Gift Shop
(Hours: 10am to 5pm, Mon to Sat, year round; + Sundays 10am to 5pm Jul to Aug).
Peace River Railway Station is a class “C” station built in 1916 and is the last of its kind still standing. The furniture, maps, trunks, phones, freight, wireless, and clothing are genuine 1920-30’s items. The station also highlights other aspects of Peace River’s transportation history including early air travel, the story of the D.A. Thomas steamboat and the first cars and trucks found on the streets of Peace River. For more information call: 780.624.4261. For historic information CLICK HERE.