Governed by the Municipal Government Act, County Council is responsible for the growth, direction, and sustainability of The County of Northern Lights. This responsibility involves providing input into the municipality's programs and services (policy making) and ensuring that the administration provides the programs and services in the best possible way (program monitoring).
In the Municipal Government Act those duties are outlined as followed:
- To consider the welfare and interests of the municipality as a whole and to bring to council’s attention anything that would promote the welfare or interests of the county;
- To participate generally in developing and evaluating the policies and programs of the county;
- To participate in council meetings, committee meetings and any other meetings that they are requested to attend on behalf of Council;
- To obtain information about the operation or administration of the county from the Chief Administrative Officer or his/her designate;
- To keep in confidence matters discussed in private at a council or council committee meeting until discussed at a meeting held in public;
- To perform any other duties imposed by legislation or required by Council.
Councilors represent the interests of the constituents of their respective wards in addition to representing the interests of the County of Northern Lights as a whole. Council accomplishes this through their attendance at regularly scheduled Council meetings, maintaining effective communications within their wards and representing the County at other relevant forums and events.
Cheryl Anderson P.O. Box 7001, Stn. Main
Peace River AB. T8S 1S7
Home Phone: 780-624-8660
Arie LoogmanP.O. Box 1219
Grimshaw, AB T0H 1W0
Home Phone: 780-971-2104
Brenda Yasinski (Deputy Reeve)P.O. Box 47
Dixonville, AB T0H 1E0
Home Phone: 780-971-2248
Brent ReeseP.O. Box 153
North Star T0H 2T0
Home Phone: 780-836-3796
Cell: 780- 836-0399
James McCrackenP.O. Box 57
Manning, AB T0H 2M0
Home Phone: 780-836-4320
Terry Ungarian (Reeve)P.O. Box 504
Manning, AB T0H 2M0
Home Phone: 780-836-2141
Cell Phone: 780-836-5264
Fax Number: 780-628-0773
Belinda HalabiskyP.O. Box 4
Keg River, AB T0H 2G0
For the Council Code of Conduct Click Here.
It is the Vision of the Council of the County of Northern Lights to strive for innovative decision‐making, proactive planning, and regional cooperation in order to promote our citizens’ lifestyles, freedoms, and opportunities. This will be achieved by providing enhanced qualities of life, effective and efficient services, and healthy/sustainable communities.
2018 STRATEGIC PLAN
To view the 2018 strategic plan for the County of Northern Lights Click Here.