Agricultural Service Board
The County of Northern Lights Agricultural Service Board (ASB) is composed of the County Council, who address agriculture issues on a monthly basis as well as three meeting per annum that focus soley on agricultural issues.
The vision of the Agricultural Service Board is:
To enhance and conserve the agricultural sector for the producers within the County of Northern Lights
The role of the ASB is to:
- Act as an advisory body to the Minister of Agriculture in matters of mutual concern
- Assist with direct weed and pest control and soil and water conservation programs
- Assist in the control of livestock disease under the Livestock Diseases Act
- Promote, enhance and protect viable and sustainable agriculture with a view to the improving economic viability of the agricultural producer
- Promote and develop agricultural policies to meet the needs of the County.
The County of Northern Lights collaborates with the North Peace Applied Research Association (NPARA) a non-profit, producer driven organization serving agricultural producers of the County of Northern Lights. NPARA’s goal is to promote soil and water conservation, agricultural production, marketing and technology transfer within the County. For additional information: 780.836.3354 or http://www.npara.ca.
Agricultural Fieldman: Blake Gaugler
Tel: 780.836.3348 Ext: 225
AFSC Reminds Producers of February 28 Deadline to Insure Hay and Pasture in Alberta.
For information about perenaial insurance, farmers can contact their local AFSC Branch or the AFSC call Center at 1-877-899-AFSC(2372) before the February 28, deadline.