Mercer Satellite Yard Plan
The County of Northern Lights has received concerns from the public regarding the Mercer satellite log storage yard and the upcoming chip haul that will occur this summer. Although no plan can fully alleviate all the concerns that the County has heard, we have worked closely with Mercer to develop the best possible plan that will be implemented to support both the residential concerns and natural resource industry. These are a few highlights that the plan includes;
- Chip haul will be shut down for maintenance during school bus hours
- Trucks will be limited to 50 km/h
- Route selection was based on the lowest resident impact
- Dust control will be used on the entire route
- The truck haul will be shut down from 7 am Saturday to 7 am Sunday
You can download a complete copy of the plan here.