A Fire Ban and Off-Highway Vehicle Restriction is now in effect for areas of the County of Northern Lights outside the Forest Protection Area. This is consistent with a ban in place within the Forest Protection Area.
All fire permits are suspended and no new fire permits will be issued.
• All open fires including campfires in campgrounds, backcountry and random camping areas and backyard fire pits.
• Charcoal briquettes, turkey fryers and tiki torches.
• Fireworks and exploding targets.
• The use of off-highway vehicles for recreational use on all public lands.
• Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified.
• Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified and are designed for cooking or heating.
• Catalytic or infrared-style heaters.
• OHVs for industrial use, agricultural use, and traditional use by Indigenous peoples, as well as use on private lands.
The Fire Ban and Off-Highway Vehicle Restriction will remain in effect until conditions improve.