Council's 2022-2024 Strategic Plan
The Council for the County of Northern Lights recently met to review their Strategic Plan for 2021 – 2023 to provide an updated plan for the incoming Council following October’s municipal elections.
We are pleased to provide this status of goals to our residents.
- Levels of Service – the policy was adopted after public input, and roads will be classified prior to the municipal election.
- The Water policy was revised, and the County will continue to move towards cost recovery by the year 2031.
- A committee of interested users met and put together a Request for Proposals for the operation of the Chinchaga Forestry Road. The RFP is currently out and closes on October 5, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
- Due partially to a drop in assessment, the 2021 mill rates were increased between 3.32% and 6.00%
- All Council meetings will continue to have the option for people to attend via Zoom to allow for more public engagement.
- Fire Risk Assessments are underway in the Dixonville area to assist residents in making their properties Fire Smart.
- After considerable lobbying to the Provincial Government, our provincial parks remained open and continue to be operated by the province with some reduced services.
- Council continues to provide support to our local health care providers in whatever way we can, understanding that health care is a provincial responsibility.
The Strategic Plan for the next three years is available here, or by contacting the County office. Following the municipal elections, the plan may be revised.
For more information on the Council’s Strategic Plan, contact the Reeve at firstname.lastname@example.org.