Community Capital Assistance Program Grant
The County of Northern Lights has again approved funding for the Community Capital Assistance Program to provide financial assistance to recreation and/or cultural groups that require funding to construct, renovate or upgrade new/existing capital facilities and/or structures.
- Not-For-Profit Projects within the County of Northern Lights with a minimum total project cost of $10,000 are encouraged to apply. The total funding available is $100,000. Up to 25% of the grant will be available for the surrounding communities: Manning, Peace River, and Grimshaw. All applications are subject to approval.
- Requests for support must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- General Exposure and Profile: The project enhances the County of Northern Lights profile and/or status, and/or increase overall awareness of the County of Northern Lights, particularly when the project, event or activity will provide media exposure for the County.
- Economic Benefit: The project attracts tourists and visitors to the County thereby providing economic benefit to local businesses.
- Promote Civic Pride and Sense of Place: The project will enhance entertainment, recreational, and cultural opportunities for the County residents and will help create a more varied, vibrant, and interesting local flavor.
Applications can be submitted between March 1st – April 30th 2018.
The Community Capital Assistance Program has been in effect since 2010 and has supported numerous projects in the County and its support Communities ranging from playgrounds to hall renovations. The County sees the importance of investing in recreational and cultural infrastructure as it supports quality of living for our residents, enhancing the beauty and freedom our area has to offer.
For more information please contact Eleanor Miclette, Manager of Economic Development & Community Services at 780.836.3348 or 780.836.0973 for details or go to www.countyofnorthernlights.com for program outline and application forms.