Bridge Repairs and Road Closures
The County of Northern Lights will be performing major bridge repairs to 6 individual bridge crossings throughout the County, and temporary road closures will be in place at the following sites:
- Bridge File 70795, Range Road 232 over Stowe Creek - February 18 to March 6, 2021, between Township roads 921 & 922
- Bridge File 74350, Township Road 904A over Rousseau Creek - February 20 to March 13, 2021 (Sunny Valley Road), between Range roads 222 & 224
- Bridge File 73354, Township Road 900 over Rousseau Creek - February 20 to March 25, 2021, between Range roads 223 & 224
- Bridge File 74374, Township Road 854 over Cardinal Creek - February 18 to March 30, 2021, between Range roads 234 & 234A
- Bridge File 13894, Range Road 235 over Cardinal Creek - February 20 to March 27, 2021, between Township roads 844 & 850
- Bridge File 71275, Range Road 251 over Cardinal Creek – February 20 to March 22, 2021, between Township roads 840 & 841
Work will include the removal of bridge guard rails, removal and disposal of existing curb girders, installation of new replacement curb girders, reinstallation of guard rail, and final cleanup.
We ask everyone to obey all road signage and detours during this time and allow for additional time to travel based on detours.
A map of the bridges can be found here.
Current bridge Closure
- BF 72503, North of Deadwood, Range Road 225, between Township roads 900 & 902 will remain closed, with construction beginning shortly. It is anticipated that Range Road 225 will be opened by March 31, 2021 or earlier, with some minor works taking place in the unfrozen conditions.
Any questions or concerns, please contact Leonard Van Oort, at the County of Northern Lights 780 836-3348