The County of Northern Lights residents have numerous outdoor facilities to use for recreational activities with family and friends. The County joint service agreements with Grimshaw, Manning, and Peace River ensure recreational facilities within those municipal locations are available to residents of the County.
For additional information on any facilities within those respective communities:
- Grimshaw: Telephone: 780.332.4626 or www.grimshaw.ca
- Town of Manning : Telephone: 780.836.3606 or www.manning.ca
- Town of Peace River: Telephone: 780.625.3204 or www.peaceriver.ca
- Dixonville: Ball diamonds are located on RR 240 off Highway # 35.
- Grimshaw: Four ball diamonds located in the south, in close proximity to the Grimshaw Outdoor Pool.
- Hotchkiss: Ball diamonds are located on RR 231 off Highway #35 – TWP 931A.
- Town of Manning: The original diamonds are located at the Ag grounds ( Highway 691 off Highway #35) on the east side of town and another set of 4 diamonds is located in the northwest section( 6 St. NW off 7 Ave NW).
- Grimshaw: There are two outdoor rinks in winter: one on a sand base and the other on a concrete pad.
- The Town of Manning: The outdoor skating rinks are located to the Arena in the south end.
Skate Boarding / Inline Skating / Biking
- Grimshaw: The town operates a skateboard / BMX track on asphalt surface with customized jumps and suitable for rollerblading.
- Manning: The north inline skating is located next to the Three Battles Skate Park on 6th Ave NW.
- Peace River: Curtis Marshall Memorial Skate Park is located at 101 Ave.
Outdoor Pool / Splash Parks
- Grimshaw: Uncovered outdoor pool located at 4609 50 Street. For more details: 780.332.4626
- Manning: Shaded outdoor pool located at 201 4th Ave SW. The outdoor splash park is located next to Millennium playground at 5th Street SW. For more details: 780.836.3218
- Peace River: Water Play Park Playground and Spray area located at 101 Street. For details: 780.624.1000
For more outdoor facilities and parks listings, please visit the Explore County of Northern Lights website.