The County of Northern Lights Economic Development Department would like to showcase local businesses through a Business Spotlight Program. The Business Spotlight Program is an opportunity for us to highlight and showcase County-owned and operated businesses.
Who is eligible for the spotlight program?
Businesses located in the County, or a County resident-owned business located in a support community (Grimshaw, Manning, Peace River), will be promoted, and recognized through a variety of media avenues, at no cost to the business.
What advertising avenues will businesses be featured in?
These avenues include, but are not limited to:
- County social media (Facebook and Instagram)
- County website
- Move Up Magazine, and;
- Available space in the County page in the Mile Zero – Banner Post.
How will businesses be selected for advertisement?
The Business Spotlight program is not a competitive program, all businesses that sign up will be featured in as many media avenues as possible, as frequently as possible! We may create business categories and feature an entire category of businesses, i.e: restaurants, tourism operators, hotels, etc.
What will an advertisement look like?
It depends on the type of advertisement being created, i.e: Move Up, Facebook, Website, etc. You can see an example Facebook spotlight advertisement here, or check out the recently advertised businesses at the bottom of this page. The County's Economic Development department will draft an ad using the information, photos and logo provided. An ad proof will be emailed to the business to check over prior to being used.
How do I sign up, and what is the cost?
Signing up is easy and free. Simply fill out the online form and upload any applicable photos. Someone from the Economic Development Department may contact you to double-check some details or information that was provided.
- Must be registered in the County of Northern Lights Business Registration Program (there is no fee to register).
- As space is limited, the County cannot guarantee the advertisement of all interested parties in each issue of Move-Up Magazine and the Mile Zero - Banner Post.
For more information, please contact Trinidy Schmidt at email@example.com or Josh Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the County office at 780-836-3348.
- Leading Edge Sales & Rentals
- Manning Veterinary Clinic
- Northern Lights Fruit & Vegetables Co.
- Northern Lights Spiritual Health and Wellness
- Squirrel Organics
- Falcon Fire & Safety
- Amicis Gardens
- Peace River Transport LP
- Beaver UC