“Promote entrepreneurship, attract economic investment,and enable business development within the County of Northern Lights.”
The County of Northern Light’s mission is supported by an economic development strategy incorporating strategic priorities that drive economic development within the county.
The strategy recognizes the importance of collaboration between the public and private sectors and is designed to identify and pursue economic activity throughout the county.
The County has committed resources to promote and enhance economic development and is proactive in supporting partnerships and outreach opportunities.
Code of Ethics
County of Northern Lights Economic Development and Community Services staff are dedicated to providing competent and ethical service to the communities they serve in the field of economic and community development.
They strive to provide accurate and reliable information to the business community.
They are committed to the economic, social and environmental well being of the community by the promotion of development initiatives in keeping with these principles.
They are dedicated to the promotion of high professional and ethical standards in all their activities.
- Carry out all activities in a manner which will maintain the good reputation of the profession and its ability to serve the public interest.
- Ensure that the level of professional services we provide is competent and in keeping with the high level of standards set out by the Economic Development Association of Canada by continuing study of the Profession's developments and innovations. We will endeavour to perfect ourselves in our chosen occupation to the best of our ability as an opportunity to serve our collective society.
- Maintain the spirit of fairness in competition and help eradicate all forms of deception that violate that spirit.
- Hold ourselves free of any interest, influence or relationship in respect to any professional activity when dealing with clients, which could impair professional judgement or objectivity.
- Keep in confidence the affairs of any client, colleague or organization and shall not disclose confidential information obtained in the course of professional activities. Nor shall we in any way exploit information obtained in the course of duties to their own advantage.
- Conduct their activities on a high ethical plane so that others emulating by example will help to raise the standards of conduct in industrial, business and economic and community development.
- Endeavour to continuously raise the standards of the profession by conducting and sharing research developments and methodology.
- Treat others with respect and consideration due between professional colleagues.
- Exemplify good citizenship in appreciation of the fact that the strength of the county depends upon the calibre of its constituents.
Adapted from the Economic Developers Association of Canada Code of Ethics
Contact Information:Manager Economic Development & Community Services: Eleanor MicletteTel: 780.836.3348 Ext.229E-Mail:email@example.com Small Business Start-up Resources: http://smallbusiness.alberta.ca/